Executioner - Chris Carter Robert Hunter is back. Our nearly perfect detective, together with his partner Garcia. To be honest I've come to like Garcia better then Hunter because Hunter just is a little bit to perfect for my taste (a second pair of handcuffs????)

But that said this is yet again a great written crime novel. It's dark and gritty. And definitely isn't for the faint hearted. The crime scenes are graphically written and there is a seriously sadistic serial killer on the loose.

Just as in the Crucifix Killer we get two serial killers for the price of one in this book. In the Crucifix Killer the 'secondary murderer' really added nothing much to the story but this time this 'secondary murderer' is woven well into the story. Although I wasn't all that fond of the psychic part which came with this part of the story.

The story is fast paced and had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. With the events taking place and the short chapters it is really hard to put the book down. And even though the motive is revealed halfway through the story the identity of the killer was a surprise for me. I would not have guessed that and Chris Carter even had me fooled at one point. The plot was well thought out and the motive of the killer is a global, social issue which makes it that even though this is a sadistic serial killer this makes him human.

I really enjoyed this second installment of the Robert Hunter series and I'm looking forward to reading more from Chris Carter.